The Language & Communication research cluster is excited to announce the fantastic line-up of presenters for our 2019-20 research seminars, at our HENDON CAMPUS. The seminars feature world-leading authorities and acclaimed practitioners who discuss their work on language, discourse and communication, literature, creative writing, media and cultural studies. Hope to see you all there!
- Dr Yael Maurer (Tel Aviv University): ‘Don’t Mess with Mr. In-Between’: National and Sexual Identities in Hanif Kureishi’s The Buddha of Suburbia. Thursday 10th October 2019, 16.00-18.00, Room VG06 (Vine building).
- James Kenworth: ‘Down an East End Rabbit Hole’: adapting Lewis Carroll for an urban public environment. Thursday 14th November 2019, 15.00-16.00, Room CG82 (College).
- Dr Johan Siebers: I Interpret You. Thursday 12th December 2019, 15.00-16.00, Room G230 (Grove building).
- James Martin Charlton: Paint into text: the re-formation of an exhibition into a dramatic text. Thursday 30th January 2020, 15.00-16.00, Room CG09 (College building).
- Dr Josie Barnard: The Multimodal Writer. Thursday, 12th March 2020, 15.00-16.00, Room CG09 (College building).
- Professor Anthony J. Liddicoat (Warwick): National security as a motivation in language-in-education policy. Thursday, 26 March 2020, 15.00-16.00, Room CG09 (College building).
Check back here for additional listings.
The Language and Communication Research Seminars are free and open to all staff, students and guests. For any questions or if you would like to lead a session, contact Anna Charalambidou.