CreativityUnleashed is the new not for profit organisation that has developed out of its original legacy project, Haringey Unchained. What started out first as a small writing group for teenagers at Haringey Sixth Form College has organically shifted through the leadership of its young people, to integrate a wider community of youth voices. We offer many opportunities to young people, ultimately aiming to provide a unified platform for publication alongside opportunities to develop new skills and contacts in the culture and art sectors both nationally and internationally. We produce blogs and print magazines for a wide range of young people, including some in Britain, China and the United States, and have successfully linked young people to internships in publishing, art and film.
This year’s Fairtrade fortnight celebration is supporting the awareness of Climate Change. Through various activities across schools, universities, colleges, places of worship and organisations around the world, we’ll be raising awareness of how everyone can play a part in “Choosing the World you want.”
Middlesex university are organising a poetry or spoken word competition to hear your thoughts on the topic of ‘Your vision of the world you want for farmers and workers worldwide, and the planet we share’
Following a review and critique from our expert judging panel, 5 shortlist entries will be chosen. The Shortlist entries will have their entry displayed on Fairtrade Foundation’s Climate, Fairtrade and You Festival – an exhibition to showcase poetry, artwork and film. And a spot on a page dedicated to the shortlist and linked to Middlesex and Fairtrade platforms in Haringey Unchained.
A full page feature on http://www.haringeyunchained.com with a link from the homepage; a spot in their print magazine that will be published in America and the UK and your piece will feature on a spot on the Russell Sage college website following a quick Winner’s interview.
Finally, your piece will also be recorded and played through Barnet TV online as well as their social media channels.
Completion opens – 1st February
Closes – 15th February
Shortlisted entries announced – 19th February
Shortlisted entries displayed on Fairtrade Foundation Exhibition from – 22nd Feb
Winner announced: Friday 5th March
- Your entry can be either Rhyming Poetry or Free Verse.
- Your spoken word recording must be a landscape video via YouTube or Vimeo submitted via a link
- If recording your piece, please introduce yourself at the beginning.
- Please ensure your name is on your work
- Please title your poem
- 1 A4 side maximum
- Your written piece entry must be typed and submitted via PDF
- Your piece MUST be around the topic of ‘Your vision of the world you want for farmers and workers worldwide, and the planet we share ’Which supports the Fairtrade Fortnight theme
- You must submit your entry to Fairtrade@mdx.ac.uk by 10am, Monday 15th February, ensuring the email is submitted with your contact details – if you experience technical difficulties, contact email@example.com prior to the closing date.
- Please ensure the title of your poem is the Subject of your email when sending your finalised piece.
- All entries must be submitted / written in English.
- Entrants can only enter their own work or are responsible for seeking relevant permissions from the copyright owner if entries are translations or another’s work.
- Entries will be used ONLY for the purpose of this competition.
- Shortlisted entries will be notified by email after the closing date but before 22nd February.